Saturday, June 19, 2010

Exchange Basket Received: Lynn Hoyt to Karyl Jo Hartsog


Here's another beautiful exchange basket, from Lynn Hoyt to Karyl Jo Hartsog! KJ wrote:

I have received a beautifully crafted basket from Lynn Hoyt. This is extra fun because Lynn was my exchange partner too. The basket is coiled with all delicious smelling Carolina sweetgrass. I mean it. It smells good enough to eat! The binder is black and I would guess it is waxed linen?
I use mostly raffia so let me know if I am wrong here. There are bright sparkly blue beads among the floating and intertwined coils. The smell and sea green color of the sweet grass , the turquoise colored beads and the spiral created from the stitching remind me of last 4th of July. I spent July 4th 2009 on Mertle Beach South Carolina! Fireworks Lynn. A treasure of a basket. Thank You so much.
We all learn and get enspired from these exchanges even if one didn't participate this time. I am glad the whole group will vote for their favorite.
Thank you Pamela for hosting a fun exchange. I love my new sweetgrass basket.

No comments: