Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exchange Basket Received by Gerri Swanson!

Another exchange basket received! This one is from Donna in WA to Gerri Swanson. Gerri writes:

My basket from Donna in WA arrived yesterday! What fun to see the mailman walking to my door. That means he has a package for me!! I knew what it had to be!!
My exchange basket!

It is the cutest little thing. It's a pitcher! It has a handle and a spout (just like the little teapot!!) (A favorite song of my children's and mine!)

Donna used 3 different types of pine needles, and a little sweetgrass from Avalon Farms. Some of the pine needles were dyed, others were left natural. She mixed them all together, giving the effect of multi-colored yarn used for knitting and crocheting. The crazy thing is, I am currrently crocheting a blanket with the very same colors! I love synchronicity!

It almost looks like it has sat in the sun too long and is melting. Like a candle folding down into itself. However, it is very strong and sturdy. The scent of it it light and heavenly!
Thank you, Donna. This is my first exchange, but I know it won't be my last! It has been such fun!

1 comment:

Midnightcoiler said...

Fun shape! Adorable basket! It's so interesting to see what everyone is doing to make their baskets asymmetrical.