Sunday, August 22, 2010

Exchange Basket Received: Karen Thaler to Pamela Zimmerman


Wow, my exchange basket from Karen Thaler arrived today! What a lovely job she did!Karen started on a prepared shell arrangement, held together with line. Then she added black pine needles. There are many, many tiny little coils, some are black needles and some are natural. The stitching is black, white, and vibrant blue (I love that color of blue sinew, and cannot find it anymore!) The colors are so vibrant and the stitching is even an tight.
My favorite part are the beautiful intertwined blue-wrapped rows on the rim and the cascade of shells embellishing the rim. They were collected by Karen herself! Karen has included other shells to arrange in the basket, loose, and I 'm sure my kids will especially get a kick out of rearranging them.

Thank you, Karen, for this absolutely lovely basket. I will cherish it!
pamela

No comments: