Saturday, August 8, 2009

Excited!

Well, i just opened my mail to find a very nice surprise...I have won an award.

Just last week, I posted about the Fiber Celebrated Exhibit in Durango, CO. I was so disappointed i was not able to attend. I had hoped to fly out to Colorado Springs and drive down to the opening with my mom, who lives out there. But it was not to be. I so wish i could have been there! My woven figure, "Naturally Endowed," which was shown on their postcard (at right,) was awarded the Functional 3-d Fiber Award! I am so pleased and proud.

Special Thanks to Elaine Bakkenson, who coordinated the exhibit, and made sure all the promotional materials and awards were distributed even though i was not there to recieve them in person!

The Fiber Celebrated Exhibit on line information also features my other piece that is in the exhibit, "Uprooted."

2 comments:

Heather Leavers said...

oh well done - she is a stunning figure, well deserved. I love the way she's pictured in the mirror so we can see both sides at once - very clever.

Pamela Zimmerman said...

Thanks, nifty...she is positioned like that because i like her bottom the best! I think that, and her neck, is the best weaving. She has cellulite...which of course makes the rest of us cringe...but is challenging to weave!