Sunday, April 25, 2010

Mushroom Update

It has been about 24 hours since I put up the little plastic guards around my wild mushrooms. It rained pretty hard last night. Look how much they have grown! Already they are turning much more orange. This is the little one!

I think some dirt is still being thrown up onto the fungus within the plastic sleeve, but obviously it is working a little, because there is all kinds of dirt on the outside of the sleeve, too.

It also appears to be growing just the way it wants to, it is not avoiding pressing into the sides of the barrier.

So exciting!

3 comments:

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

I must confess I've known nothing about mushrooms and have found your last couple of posts very interesting.
(The only thing I do know is I love to eat them, especially the portabello variety)
Hugs,
Nancy

Von said...

Fabululous..did you see my post on Fridge Soup about toadstools, you might enjoy.

Heather Leavers said...

who'd have thought this would turn into such an ecxiting adventure?