Thursday, April 29, 2010

More Great Baskets

It has been awhile since I have had basket photos to post, and Waldena Hendrix has saved the day! These lovely baskets were made by Waldena, using bases from my etsy shop, MakeABasket.

Here is what Waldena had to say about these baskets:







The asymmetrical one is my first try at a non-traditional shape. I was inspired by other baskets shown on your blog and the pineneedlegroup. I just decided to bend the coil in an odd direction and see where it led me.




I created the pink one because your basket starter was such a great match to the fusha and plum needles I purchased from artgalstudio on Etsy. It's kind of Easter-y.

I like to network with other coilers.

I really appreciate your blog and the pineneedlegroup. It keeps me inspired to improve my work.

Thanks
Waldena

Well, thank YOU, Waldena! I love that you are branching out and trying new things.

I absolutely cannot believe the vibrant color in those fuschia pine needles! Everyone will be running over there to get some.

I also really enjoy the asymmetrical shape on the brown one, would love to see another view of that, with the pattern on the base visible. It is such a cute little shape, too.

If you have a basket made with one of my pottery bases that you would like to share, please send me a picture!

pamela

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you could say I am a little biased (Waldena is my mother-in-law), but I have enjoyed Waldena's baskets for many years now and have several in my home. She inspires me to want to be more creative. I am constantly amazed by her new creations. My favorite is her "cookie jar" style. It has a lid with a pine cone handle! It is amazing! I am looking forward to seeing what she will feature again this year at the LilyFest.
-Cara Hendrix

Midnightcoiler said...

Really great baskets! I love the shape of the first basket and the mahogany color of the needles is interesting and unique. The lighter base was a good choice as a focal point and contrast with the dark basket. Nice! The second basket is very pretty and bright, and I love the way the dyed needles pick up on the pink color in the base! Thanks for sharing your work.. I enjoyed seeing it!

Heather Leavers said...

so beautiful - basketmaking really does deserve a higher profile.