Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Exhibition: 23rd Annual Materials: Hard & Soft

23rd Annual Materials: Hard & Soft Juror: Jo Lauria The Meadows Gallery The Center for the Visual Arts Denton, Texas http://www.dentonarts.com 400 East Hickory Denton, TX 940.382.2787 February 6-April 1, 2010 Opening Reception: February 5, 2010, 7pm – 9pm
Recognition of Awards: 7:45 pm
Hors d’oeuvres and Spirits served

Gallery Hours: Tuesday – Sunday, 1-5pm
This event is free and open to the public.

I am absolutely delighted to announce that my piece Amorphophallus Textillus is included in this exhibition. This is a large twined sculpture, based on a pottery strip. The piece is twined of paper rush and other fibers, and resembles a large flower. The Amorphophallus flowers are also sometimes called carrion flowers, and are known for their very showy large blooms.

Please see my facebook fan page for photos.

I hope you can attend!
pamela

1 comment:

Janita R. Hall-Swadley said...

Congratulations!! I used to teach at the Univ. of N. Texas, and I never missed this exhibition. Unfortunately, I'm not in Texas anymore :(. Good luck with the competition!

P.S. The piece you contributed is awesome!!!