Friday, May 22, 2009

Into the Woods

It is the end of school year, and time for teacher gifts! Usually, I head into the woods, and come back with an armful of vines like this one.... mostly wisteria this time, but a little grapevine, greenbriar, honeysuckle and Virginia Creeper...


After stripping the leaves, they sure look alot smaller! Then i weave, randomly, to make what i call a "garden pod."
Only takes about 40 minutes to make a decent pod...this one is a little sparse still, the vines are green, and once they dry, the spaces will be much more open...weaving until it looks about like this...

I like the roots on the rim of this one, that was from a runner of wisteria.

Something needs to fill the space between the plants and the basket, I have used moss, but pine needles are more abundant where i live...
I usually cut a piece of recycled plastic to serve as a dirt catcher, and plant some annuals in it. My camera ran out of juice, so I will have to post the finished product later...

No comments: