Monday, December 14, 2009

NCBA Convention Baskets with Vladimir Yarish

As a basket maker and instructor, I am honored to have three classes selected for NCBA Convention, 2010. It is always exciting to receive the brochure in the mail and now to see my original designs on the website is even more exciting!

You’ll study how it is interesting to weave of birch bark in Russian strong style using a special weaving tool – kostik. You can use the basket for nuts, sweets, ets. During 4 hours you’ll be really enjoyable time creating the basket.

I invite you to celebrate this good event – “Celebrating Baskets” with me also in March at the NCBA Convention in 2010!

I will have a few copies of my book available.


---------------------



Variation on Square-to-Round Russian Birch Bark Basket

The square-to-round design is the basis for more complicated baskets and is strongly recommended for those with no prior experience in bias plaiting or double weaving techniques.

FR 483
Friday, 1:30 – 5:30 pm
4 hours
1¼” high x 4¼” diameter
Beginner
$58





Square-to-round Russian Birch Bark Basket

This is another square-to-round design basic for progressing to more complicated baskets and is strongly recommended for those with no prior experience in bias plaiting. This one has an added rim variation and pinwheels.

SA481
Saturday, 8:30 am – 12:30 pm
4 hours
1½” high x 4¼” diameter
Beginner
$58






“Ripples” Contemporary Basket in Russian Birch Bark

“Ripples” is the basket that I taught at the NCBA Convention in 2006. This shape was invented by one of my student in my basketry guild in Velikiy Novgorod. When my student created it almost all my other students repeat in for themselves. And after that I took it as a project for my American teaching programs. All my students in US also liked it very much and I’m glad to see that it on my teaching list again!

SU482
Sunday, 8:00 am – 12:00 pm Looking forward to seeing you soon.
4 hours
2” high x 4” diameter
Intermediate
$68

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
With great Wishes,
Vladimir Yarish
Yarish1@yandex.ru

No comments: